It has come to our attention that a small number of users may have lost some or all of their donations. This can happen in the following situations:
What should I do?
- A previous version of the app was deleted or the app was uninstalled.
- A factory reset has been performed during an operating system or firmware update.
If you have not yet downloaded Donation Assistant version 2.0:
- Back up your donation data by following the manufacturer's instructions for your device. (This is a best practice recommended before updating any device's operating system and/or app.)
- Download version 2.0. In most cases, downloading this version will back up your donation data to TaxACT's secure servers.
If you've already downloaded Donation Assistant version 2.0:
I need help.
- Open the app and sign in with your TaxACT username and password. (Or create your TaxACT Account to securely manage your donations, tax returns, and more from any device with one username and password.)
- Verify your donations imported. If your data appears to be gone, close the app, then reopen it. If your data still appears to be missing, complete our email support form and include your Donation Assistant username so we can research your situation. In some instances, we have been able to help users recover their data.
We're happy to assist you. Complete our email support form
and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.Related FAQ