Search Help Topics:


If you don't know whether you need to use the itemized or standard deduction and you are married filing separate, go to our Married Filing Separate - Itemized or Standard Deduction FAQ.

If you accidentally indicated in the TaxAct program that your spouse itemized deductions, follow these steps to correct it:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Basic Info (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Basic Info).
  2. Click Spouse, click the checkbox next to My spouse itemized deductions on their separate return, and continue with the interview process to enter your information.

Related Links

Was this helpful to you?