Form 1099-MISC, Box 14 shows gross proceeds paid to an attorney in connection with legal services. These amounts are generally reported on Schedule C. Enter only the taxable portion as income on your return.
To enter or review the information for Form 1099-MISC, Box 14 Gross proceeds paid to an attorney
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Form 1099-MISC to expand the category and then click 14 - Gross proceeds paid to an attorney
- Click Add to create a new Schedule C, or click Review to edit a copy already created
- Continue through the screens and click Yes when asked if you would like to enter or review business income
- Continue to the screen titled Form 1099-MISC - New and select Step by Step Guidance
- Continue to the screen titled Form 1099-MISC - Amounts to enter information from Box 14
If you also have federal and/or state tax withholding reported in Box 4 or 16, see Form 1099-MISC - Box 4 or Box 16.