To enter actual vehicle expense information in the TaxAct program (which will transfer to Schedule C (Form 1040) Profit or Loss From Business, Line 9):
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal (on smaller devices, click in the top left corner of your screen, then click Federal).
- Click the Business Income dropdown, then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship.
- Click + Add Schedule C to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to edit a form already created (desktop program: click Review instead of Edit).
- Continue with the interview process until you reach the screen titled Great! Let's get started on expenses for this business, and click Enter expenses.
- On the screen titled Would you like to review vehicle expenses for this business?, click Yes.
- Continue with the interview process to enter your information.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.