To enter the actual vehicle expense information in the TaxAct Program which will transfer to Form 1040, Schedule C, Line 9:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category and then click Business income or loss from a sole proprietorship
- Click +Add Federal Schedule C to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
- Continue to the screen titled Review Vehicle Expenses for this Business and then click on Yes to enter/review expenses
- Proceed through the Q&A interview. The Asset Type must be either a Car or Light Truck/SUV to be able to enter the vehicle miles driven on the following screen to calculate the standard mileage rate
- When you reach the screen titled Vehicles - Actual or Standard you can select the method you prefer to use