Search Help Topics:


The Internal Revenue Code only allows income averaging to farmers and fishermen. If you are a farmer or fisherman, you need to complete Schedule J, Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen.

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Business Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Farm/fishing income averaging.
  3. Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?