Search Help Topics:

Most states require taxpayers to paper file amended returns; however, e-filing is available for the states below. See Amending Your State Return for instructions on completing an amended state return in TaxAct.

  • Arizona
  • California
  • District of Columbia
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • North Carolina
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Note. To file the amended state return for a prior year, you must mail a paper return, unless you are using the Professional program.

Related Links

Was this helpful to you?