Search Help Topics:

Most states require taxpayers to paper file amended returns, however e-filing is available for the states below. See Amending Your State Return for instructions on completing an amended state return in TaxAct.

  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • District of Columbia
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Mississippi
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Pennsylvania
  • Tennessee
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin

Note: To file the amended state return for a prior year, you must mail a paper return, unless you are using the Professional program.

Related Links:

Was this helpful to you?