TaxAct® can import data from PDF files of 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ returns prepared by the following software: TurboTax® and H&R Block®.
In order to do so, export your return into a Portable Document Format (PDF) file, which is readable using the Adobe Reader program. TaxAct will import information appearing on your 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ form, saving time and minimizing errors.
Importing into TaxAct Online from PDF
In order to complete the PDF import:
- Click the Basic Info tab. Click the File menu item at the top of the screen.
- Click Import > Prior Year Data.
- Click Import my 2016 Return in the "Yes, I have a PDF copy of my 2016 return" box.
- Click Choose File, navigate to the 2016 PDF file return, and then click Open. Click Import PDF.
- If your PDF file return is not from one of the companies listed, click an option on the right side of the screen and then click Skip PDF Import.