TaxAct® can import data from PDF files of 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ returns prepared by the following software: TurboTax® and H&R Block At Home®.
In order to do so, export your return into a Portable Document Format (PDF) file, which is readable using the Adobe Reader program. TaxAct will import information appearing on your 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ form, saving time and minimizing errors.
Importing into TaxAct Online from PDF
In order to complete the PDF import:
- Click the Basic Info tab. Click Import.
- Click import basic info from a 2015 PDF copy in the shaded box toward the bottom of the screen.
- Click Import my 2015 Return in the "Yes, I have a PDF copy of my 2015 return" box.
- Verify that your PDF file return is able to be imported by clicking select companies. Click Choose File, navigate to the 2015 PDF file return, and then click Open. Click Import PDF.
- If your PDF file return is not from one of the companies listed, click an option on the right side of the screen and then click Skip PDF Import.