To import your TD Ameritrade account information into TaxAct®, follow the steps below.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Investment Income to expand the category, then click Gain or loss on the sale of investments
- Click Stock Data Import
- Click Electronic Import
- Select TD Ameritrade from the Brokerage or software vendor drop-down menu
- Enter your account number and document ID, then click Continue
You will need to know your TD Ameritrade account number and your document ID. Your document ID will be located on your TD Ameritrade statement or Form 1099-B statement. If you do not know your document ID, you will need to contact your TD Ameritrade representative to obtain this information.
If you have trouble importing from TD Ameritrade, try importing through GainsKeeper by following the instructions below:
On the GainsKeeper login screen you will enter your account information as follows:
- For the GainsKeeper.com Login ID, you will enter your TD Ameritrade account number followed by @amtd.
- For the GainsKeeper.com Password, you will enter your TD Ameritrade PIN. If you do not know your PIN, contact your TD Ameritrade representative.