Search Help Topics:


Your return will be rejected if your Social Security Number, name, or a number from your Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement was incorrectly typed.

Review and correct your personal information entries in the Basic Information section of the Federal Q&A Topics. Repeat the filing step to resubmit your return.

If the correction requires you to print and mail your return, you’ll be prompted.

For information on specific IRS rejection codes, see Most Common E-File Error and Rejection Codes.

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?