Fixing an IRS Rejected E-File

If your Social Security Number, name, or a number from your W-2 was incorrectly typed into your return and caused your return to be rejected, review and correct your personal information entries in Basic Information of the Federal Q&A. Then repeat the Filing step to resubmit your return. Some errors may require you to print and mail in your return. You will be prompted when it is necessary to do so.

For information on specific IRS rejection codes, see Most Common E-File Error and Rejection Codes.