Search Help Topics:

Energy Star is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. See the Energy Star website Federal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency for information regarding the credits available for 2017 tax returns. These credits are available in the TaxAct program.

To enter information for the residential energy credits:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop) click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Other Credits to expand the category, and then click Residential energy credits
  3. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information

Note: The credits in Part I of Form 5695 were set to expire at the end of 2016, but were extended and reinstated for 2017.

Was this helpful to you?