Search Help Topics:


If you have received a Form W-2C (a corrected W-2 form), you can still electronically file your return. Enter the information from your Form W-2C as a Form W-2 in the program, if you have not yet entered the original Form W-2, or correct the original Form W-2 information entered. There is no requirement to send the W-2C form if you electronically file as the IRS will receive a copy from the employer. Make sure you enter the correct information from Form W-2C and then complete the tax return as normal.

To enter the Form W-2C information in the TaxAct® program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
  2. Click Wages and Salaries to expand the category, then click Wage income reported on Form W-2
  3. Click Add to create a new form or click Review to review and correct the information already entered for the original Form W-2
  4. Select Quick Entry or Step-by-Step Guidance
    1. If you select Quick Entry, enter the form as it appears on your paper copy
    2. If you select Step-by-Step Guidance, the program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information

Note. If you receive the W-2C after you have submitted your return to the IRS (and it has been accepted) then you will need to amend your return.

Related Links

Was this helpful to you?