To get information on distribution codes listed in Box 7 of Form 1099-R Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. from your TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Retirement Plan Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click IRA, 401(k), and pension plan distributions (Form 1099-R).
- Click + Add Form 1099-R to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Click Step-by-Step Guidance to proceed with the program interview questions.
- On the screen titled Retirement Plan Income - Box 7, click the info icons for information about distribution codes.
You can also check IRS Instructions for Forms 1099-R and 5498.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.