Get information on distribution codes listed in Box 7 of Form 1099-R from your TaxAct program:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Retirement Plan Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the category, then click IRA, 401(k), and Pension Plan Distributions (Form 1099-R)
- Click +Add Form 1099-R to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
- Click Step-by-Step Guidance
- Continue to the screen titled Retirement Plan Income - Box 7 and click the Info Icons for information about distribution codes.
You can also check IRS Instructions for Forms 1099-R and 5498.