Information on distribution codes that are listed in Box 7 of Form 1099-R are available in the IRS Instructions for Forms 1099-R and 5498 OR in the TaxAct® program within the Retirement Plan Income section of the Q&A:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Federal.
- Click Retirement Plan Income to expand the category, then click IRA, 401(k), and Pension Plan Distributions (Form 1099-R)
- Click New to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
- Click Step-by-Step Guidance
- Continue to the screen titled Retirement Plan Income - Box 7 and click on the Info Icons for information about distribution codes.