Search Help Topics:

There are certain requirements that must be present on a Form W-2, including the employer identification number. If you did not actually receive a Form W-2, then you should not fill out that information as it will not be completely accurate. You should complete the Form FEC Foreign Employer Compensation. This income will appear on Form 1040, Line 7.

To enter foreign wages reported to a taxpayer by means other than a W-2 in the TaxACT program:

  1. From within your TaxACT return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal Q&A tab
  2. Click Wages and Salaries to expand the category, then click Wages from a foreign employer - not reported on Form W-2
  3. Click Add to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
  4. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the wage information. 

Related Links:

Was this helpful to you?