The Federal Tax Calculator is a powerful tool available in the TaxAct® program that helps customers perform 'what-if' scenarios for future tax years.
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click Next Year. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Next Year.
- Click Continue or No until you reach the screen titled Tax Calculator
- Click the Tax Calculator button
- Make the appropriate adjustments to reflect your 'what-if' scenarios
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program
- Click Tools
- Click Tax Calculator in the drop down menu
- Make the appropriate changes to reflect your 'what-if' scenarios directly on the form
Please keep in mind that the Tax Calculator is a report for taxpayers to project their earnings and expenses into the following years and is only an estimate. Also, if you make any modifications, you may need to adjust other values as well.