The Federal Tax Calculator is a powerful tool available in the TaxAct® program that helps customers perform 'what-if' scenarios for future tax years.
To access the calculator for Online Users:
- Sign in to your TaxAct Online return
- Click on the Next Year tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then select Next Year.
- Click Continue or No until you reach the screen titled Tax Calculator
- Click the blue Tax Calculator button
- Make the appropriate adjustments to reflect your 'what-if' scenarios
To access the calculator for Desktop Users:
- Start your TaxAct Desktop program
- Click on Reports in the top toolbar
- Click Tax Calculator 2018
- Make the appropriate changes to reflect your 'what-if' scenarios directly on the form
Please keep in mind that the Tax Calculator is a report for taxpayers to project their earnings and expenses into the following years and is only an estimate. Also, if you make any modifications, you may need to adjust other values as well.