Form 4852 - W-2 Substitute Form - TaxAct

If cannot get a W-2 from your employer, you can file Form 4852 Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. The TaxAct program does not provide Form 4852, so you will need to print a hard copy of your return, attach Form 4852, and mail it to the IRS.

To substitute Form W-2:

  1. Download and print Form 4852 from the IRS Website.
  2. Manually complete Form 4852.
  3. Enter in TaxAct as if you had a Form W-2. See Entering in Program – Form W-2.
  4. Print and mail your return. See How to Mail a Paper Return (Paper File).

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.