Form 4852 - W-2 Substitute Form - TaxAct

If you've exhausted all efforts to track down a W-2 from your employer, you can file Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. In this case, you will need to print a hard copy of your return, attach Form 4852, and mail it to the IRS. 


Substitute Form W-2

  1. Download and print Form 4852 from the IRS Website.
  2. Manually complete Form 4852.
  3. Enter in TaxAct as if you had a Form W-2. See Entering in Program – Form W-2
  4. Print and mail your return. See How to Mail a Paper Return (Paper File)

Related Links