If you electronically filed your New York return and the return was rejected for a W-2 error, you should check the W-2 and correct any input error(s). If no input error was found, please call New York State's e-file help desk at 1-518-457-6387. They will provide you with the information to complete the W-2 Indicator field in the TaxAct® program.
To enter the W-2 verification code on your New York return, please following the steps provided below.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State. On smaller devices, click the icon in the upper left-hand corner, then select State.
- Click New York under the expanded State menu.
- Click Miscellaneous Topics to expand the category and then click W-2 Indicator
- You will then be able to enter your W-2 Verification Indicator. Be sure to click continue after entering your information to save your changes.
- You will then be able to repeat the electronic filing steps to resubmit your New York return.