Cancel or Modify an E-Filed Return

When you submit your e-filed return, TaxAct immediately begins transmitting the return to the IRS and/or your state tax agency. So, once you submit a return electronically, there is no way to stop or cancel that transmission.

If you made a mistake or forgot to include something:

  • If your return is rejected, you can go back to the return, correct any errors or omissions, and resubmit the return at no additional charge.
  • If your return is accepted, you can't go back to that return and make changes. Instead, complete an amended return with the necessary changes.

Note. Per security protocol, TaxAct customer care representatives are not able to change, cancel, or delete any specific entries within your return.

Related Links