Search Help Topics:

The residential energy credits are available to homeowners who made energy saving improvements to their homes. The nonbusiness energy property credit applies to relatively inexpensive upgrades such as new doors and windows, while the residential energy efficient property credit applies to investments in alternative energy systems.

To enter Form 5695 information:

  1. From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click on the Federal tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose Federal.
  2. Click Other Credits to expand the category, then click Residential energy credits
  3. The program will proceed with the interview questions to enter the appropriate information

Related Links:

Was this helpful to you?