Saving your return is easy with TaxAct Online. Using your Online account, you may save your return in Portable Document Format (PDF) for archiving or printing at a later date.
IMPORTANT! You must first have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
To save your return in PDF format
- From within your TaxAct Online return, click Print Center down the left to expand.
- In the Print Center, select the option which best suits you.
- Return: This will allow you to print/save a specified number of federal and state copies. You will have the option to include line item details.
- Instructions/Reports: This will allow you to print/save the filing instructions as well as Prior Year Comparison, National Averages, Tax Calculator, etc. (E-File instructions will be available after your return has been transmitted to TaxAct.)
- Mail Paper Return: This will allow you to print/save every form the IRS/state would require if mailing your return.
- Once you have chosen which option best suits your needs, click Print for a window to pop up. You will be given the instructions to "Click the link below to view/print your" and will indicate which form you are about to print.
- Click the PDF link to open the document in a PDF format. You can right-click the document, then click Save as or Save target as (depending on your browser) to save it to the location you wish. If this option is not available, open the PDF, then select Save As directly from the PDF viewer. The filename will be filled in with the default form name. You may change this filename if you wish.
- Your return file will be saved with the PDF extension and can be viewed at a later time by opening it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.