Saving your return is easy with TaxAct Online. Using your Online account, you may save your return in Portable Document Format (PDF) for archiving or printing at a later date.
IMPORTANT: You must first have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Saving Your Return in PDF Format
- Sign in to your account on TaxAct.
- Click on the My Taxes tile and open the return you wish to print.
- In the return, click on My Return in the upper right hand corner. You can then move down and click on Print Center.
- Within the Print Center, choose the tab which best suits you.
- Return - This tab will allow you to print/save a specified number of federal and state copies. You will have the option to include line item details.
- Instructions/Reports - This tab will allow you to print/save the filing instructions as well as Prior Year Comparison, National Averages, Tax Calculator, TaxWatch, etc. (E-File instructions will be available after your return has been transmitted to TaxAct.)
- Mail Paper Return - This tab will allow you to print/save every form the IRS/state would require if mailing your return.
- Once you have chosen which option best suits your needs, simply click the blue Print button.
- A window will pop up and you will be given the instructions to "Click the link below to view/print your" and will indicate which form you are about to print.
- Click on the link that says Your Federal or Your State Return.pdf.
- This will open the document in a PDF format. You may right click on the document and click on "Save as" or "Save target As" (depending on your browser) to save it to the location you wish. If this option is not available, open the PDF and choose to "Save As" directly from the PDF viewer. The filename will be filled in with the default form name. You may change this filename if you wish.
- Your return file will be saved with the extension of .pdf and can be viewed at a later time by opening it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.