Downloading the State Program
- Sign in to your account using your Username and Password.
- Click on Show ALL Downloads.
- Click the Download button next to the appropriate state module.
- Choose Run to install immediately or Save to save the file and install later. If you choose "Save", be sure to note where you save the file on your computer.
- Once the state program is installed, it should be attached to your currently-open return file automatically.
Installing after Saving
Once you have downloaded the TaxAct State Install program, locate the file and double-click to start the install.
Selecting the State for a Return
If you have installed the TaxAct state program and it is not attached to a return, you may "Select" it to add it to the tax return.
- Launch the TaxAct program.
- Click Return, then State, then Select State... (as shown).
- Place a check-mark in the box next to the appropriate state and click OK.
If your state does not appear, you will first need to install the state module.