- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
- Click Wages and Salaries in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click Wage income reported on Form W-2.
- Click + Add Form W-2 to create a new copy of the form or click Edit to review a form already created.
- Continue with the interview process to enter all of the appropriate information.
- On the screen titled W-2: Enter Taxpayer's/Spouse's employer information, enter your employer's information, then click Continue.
- On the screen titled W-2: Enter Taxpayer's/Spouse's information, enter your W2 information in Boxes 1-20, then click Continue (or click the Switch to Form Entry (optional) link to do your entries on a screen that looks like the Form W-2).
- On the screen titled Review wages, salaries, and tips, click Edit to review your W-2 information.
If you haven't started the Q&A, check Form W-2 (or other wage income) on the screen titled Let’s Start With Your Income, then click Continue. Follow the subsequent steps to enter your W-2 information.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.