- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click the icon in the upper left-hand corner, then choose Federal.
- Click Wages and Salaries in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand the section and then click Wage income reported on Form W-2
- Click New Copy of Form W-2 (Desktop users click Add) to create a new copy of the form or click Review to review a form already created
- Enter your Employer's ID number (you will find this in Box b of Form W-2) and click Continue
- Click Quick Entry to make your entries on a screen that looks like the Form W-2 you received, or
- Click Step-By-Step Guidance, to be prompted to enter one section at a time
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.
If you have not yet started the Q&A, check the Form W-2 (or other wage income) box on the Let's start with your income screen and then click Continue. Follow the subsequent steps to enter your W-2 information.