Form 1099-R - Entering Distributions from Retirement Plans

To enter Form 1099-R Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. into the program:

  1. From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Federal. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Federal.
  2. Click Retirement Plan Income in the Federal Quick Q&A Topics menu to expand, then click IRA, 401(k) and pension plan distributions (Form 1099-R).
  3. Click + New Copy of Form 1099-R (Desktop users: click Add) to create a new copy, or click Edit to see a form already created.)
  4. The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.