To delete a state from a TaxAct Online return at any time:
- Sign into your TaxAct account.
- Click Continue Where I Left Off on your main account page to open the current return; or click the My Taxes tile, then click the Open Return link in the Actions column next to the actual return you want to open.
- When the return has opened, click State in the left navigation panel. If you are in mobile view, first click the three parallel lines in the upper left-hand corner, then scroll down and click State.
- Click the Continue button until you arrive at the State Q&A for the state you wish to delete.
- Click Delete State (next to Yes and No buttons).
If you have more than one state attached to your return, you will need to click No to skip to the next state return.