You may delete a state from a TaxAct Online return at any time by following the steps below:
- Sign into your TaxAct account.
- Open your return. You can use the Continue Where I Left Off button on your main account page or in My Taxes (click on the My Taxes tile). Or in My Taxes you can use the Open Return link next to the return you want to open.
- Once you are in your return, locate and click State.
- Click Continue.
- You will then be given the option to:
- Complete the State Q&A by clicking Yes.
- Skip the State Q&A by clicking No.
- Delete the State by clicking Delete State.
If you have more than one state attached to your return, you will need to click on No to continue to the next state return.