You may delete a state from a TaxAct Online return at any time by following the steps below:
- Sign into your TaxAct account.
- Open your return. You can use the Continue Where I Left Off button on your main account page, click the My Taxes tile, or (from within My Taxes) click the Open Return link next to the return you want to open.
- Click the State tab.
- Click Continue.
- You will then be given the option to:
- Complete the State Q&A by clicking Yes.
- Skip the State Q&A by clicking No.
- Delete the State by clicking Delete State.
If you have more than one state attached to your return, you will need to click on No to continue to the next state return.