Follow these steps to amend your state return from your TaxAct account. Desktop/Download users may need to update to the newest version of the software.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), print a copy of your original federal and state returns:
- Click Print Center down the left to expand, then click Return.
- Enter the number of copies to print, then click Print. (Desktop users, click File, then click Print Return and make the appropriate selection in the popup window that follows).
- Review your returns and determine what corrections you need to make.
- Click State, then click the applicable state name. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click State.
- Click Amended Return (If you don't see the option listed, click to expand Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there).
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.