Follow these steps to amend your state return from your TaxAct account. Desktop/Download users may need to update to the newest version of the software.
- Locate a copy of your originally-filed return. If you didn’t print or save your return when you e-filed, you will need to obtain a copy from the IRS or your state tax agency.
- Review your returns and determine what corrections you need to make.
- Return to the Q&A interview and modify, add, or delete the information that needs amending. Make a note of each item you are changing and the reason for each change as you will need these notes to complete the amendment.
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click State, then click the applicable state name. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click State.
- Click Amended Return (If you don't see the option listed, click to expand Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there).
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.