Follow these steps to amend your state return from your TaxAct account. Desktop/Download users may need to Update to the newest version of the software.
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), print a copy of your original federal and state returns:
- Click Print Center and then click Return.
- Enter the number of copies to print, and then click the Print button. (Desktop users click File, then click Print Return and make the appropriate selection in the popup window that follows).
- Review your returns and determine what corrections you need to make.
- Click State and then click the applicable state name. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose State.
- Click Amended Return (If you don't see the Amended Return option listed, choose Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there).
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.