To Amend Your State Return:
- From within your TaxAct® return (Online or Desktop), print a copy of your original federal and state returns:
- Click My Return in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Print Center.
Click Return in the window that appears.
- Enter the number of copies to print, and then click the Print button. (Desktop users click File, then click Print Return and make the appropriate selection in the popup window that follows).
- *Desktop/download Users Only: Update to the newest version of the software.
- Make the appropriate corrections to your return.
- Click the State tab and then click the applicable state name. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose State.
- Click Amended Return (Note: If you do not see the Amended Return option listed, please choose Miscellaneous Topics as it may be located there).
- The program will proceed with the interview questions for you to enter or review the appropriate information.