TaxAct® provides tools to plan for next year's tax return.
Accessing Next Year Planning Tools
Whether you are using the Desktop/Download version of TaxAct or TaxAct Online, you may access the planning tools using the same process. While viewing your return, click the Next Year tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose Next Year.
This section provides access to the following tools:
- Form W-4 Withholding - Determine your withholding allowances and print a new Form W-4 to adjust your withholding and prevent over- or under-withholding.
- Loan Calculator - Calculate payments based on loan amount, interest rate, and loan period. Plus, view and print your payment schedule.
- Tax Calculator - Perform what-if scenarios with your federal income tax return without adjusting your actual numbers. This feature summarizes your tax return, and gives you the ability to make adjustments, positive or negative, to see the impact on your taxes.
- Backup Return - Make a backup copy of your return for safe keeping.
- Product Suggestions - Let us know about your comments and product suggestions so that we can make TaxAct even better for next year.
- Refer a Friend- Don't let family and friends overpay for that expensive boxed tax software. Let them know there is a better way with TaxAct.