Please make note of your username and password and keep them on file for future access to your TaxAct account. Due to stringent security measures, our agents cannot provide passwords.
If you've forgotten your username and/or password, you can return to the Sign In page and click the Forgot username or password? link.
If you've forgotten or misplaced your password, complete the following steps to recover your account:
- Click Sign In.
- Click the Forgot username or password? link.
- Enter your Username (not your Email or your Mobile Number), check This is my username, then click Next.
Note. You do NOT need the verification code as it is not required for the recovery.
- Click the Recover your account link at the bottom of the screen titled Check Your Phone.
- Via Alternative Verification, you will be asked a series of questions to help identify you.
- You will confirm and then verify your email and phone number.
- Once both your email and phone number have been verified, you will be prompted to change your password.
Note. If you're using the TaxAct Desktop products (Consumer or Professional), the account recovery option isn't available. You will need to create a new account.