NOTE: Adobe Acrobat Reader® is required to print your return. Click here to Install Adobe Reader®
To File a Paper Return, follow the steps below. If you have previously printed or efiled, you will be prompted for a credit card, but you will not be billed again.
- Click on the Filing tab. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then choose Filing.
- From the Filing Options Screen, click Mail Paper Return.
- From the Paper Filing Step - Print Options screen, choose Federal and State, Federal Only, or State Only.
- Continue through the screens until you reach the Paper Filing - Printing Your Return Screen and click Print Return.
- A pop up window will appear. At the top, you will see an underlined link to your return. Click on the link and your form will appear in Adobe PDF Format. (NOTE: You must have Adobe Reader installed to view and print your return.)
- Click on the Print icon in the upper left corner of the window, and then click OK to print your return. You may wish to print two copies of your return - one to mail to the IRS, and one for your own files. To save a copy of your return to your computer, click on the Save icon, and save the pdf file to your computer with a file name you will recognize.
- Click Continue. Then click View/Print Instructions. A pop up window opens to display information about where to mail your return, required attachments and any additional filing instructions. Click the printer icon in the upper right corner to print this information. Then click the Close button, and click Continue to begin the process of printing your state return.
- Continue through the screens to print your state return as you did for the federal return.
After printing, mail your return to the address listed in the Filing Instructions. TaxAct cannot provide any information about the filing status of paper filed returns. Please contact the IRS or state tax agency if you have questions about the status of your paper filed return.