You can easily review your return manually or with the TaxAct Double-Check feature, which can identify missing or incomplete information that may bring your return to the attention of the IRS, and alert you about possible tax saving opportunities.
Click Basic Info, then click Continue on each screen, visually reviewing your entries for accuracy. You can also skip to any section within the return by using the navigation menu.
- Click Review, then click Continue (desktop customers will be asked to check for program updates; click Check for Updates, then click Continue when they are done).
- The Double-Check process will review your return for problems before you file. Choose the messages you would like to review:
- Red Alerts identify incomplete or inconsistent information. If left uncorrected, the issue flagged with a Red Alert may prevent calculations from being completed, or could result in an inquiry by the IRS or State agency after you file.
- Yellow Warnings identify potential problems or prompt you for additional actions required on your part. Review your return and double-check your entries for anything flagged with a Yellow Alert.
- Green Potential Savings identify opportunities for potential tax savings. These alerts are for your information and consideration.
- Click Run the Review.
What happens when I run the Double-Check process?
- Incomplete or missing information is flagged so you can go back and make needed corrections.
- When you submit your return for electronic submission, TaxAct ensures your return meets all IRS electronic filing requirements.
- It is possible that your return passes the Double-Check process but does not qualify for e-filing. If that happens, you will receive an email with more details.