One TaxAct® State Edition is included with TaxAct Desktop/Download Deluxe, Premier, and Self Employed Editions. When you order a Federal Edition program, you choose which state to include.
The Federal and State Editions are downloaded separately, so it is possible to download just the Federal program initially.
To download your purchased TaxAct State edition:
- Sign In using your username and password.
- Click the Orders and Downloads tile to view a list of all purchased download products associated with your username.
- Locate the product(s) you wish to download and click Download.
Alternatively, use the Federal TaxAct Desktop program to download/install your state edition:
- Click Return in the top menu, then State, and then Install State.
- The Install State Module dialog box will list several options:
- Auto Install Method
- Enter your TaxAct username and password. Check the box next to the applicable state. Click the Auto Install button.
- Manual Install Method
- Click this button to go directly to the Sign In page. Download the state installation file to your hard drive and then double-click to install it.
- Manual Install
- Click this button to locate the downloaded state installation file and then double-click to install it.