If you have purchased the TaxAct Desktop Plus or Premium, one TaxAct State Edition is included. The TaxAct State Edition would have been selected by you at the time of the order.
The TaxAct State editions are released as they are completed using the information from that particular state.
Most likely, you have already downloaded the Federal program and now just need to download the state program.To download your TaxAct State edition:
You may also use the TaxAct Desktop program you have downloaded to download/install your state edition:
- Sign In using your Username and Password. You will then be able to access all of the programs that you have ordered from TaxAct with your Username.
- Click on the Orders and Downloads tile to view a list of all of the programs available for you to download with that Username.
- Locate the product(s) you wish to download and click on the Download to the right of the product to begin the download process.
- On the menu bar within the TaxAct program, click on Return.
- Place your mouse cursor over the word State in the menu.
- Click on Install State.
- You will be presented with a dialogue box titled Install State Module with different options:
- Auto Install Method
- Enter your TaxAct Username and Password. You will then put a check mark in the box next to the state you have purchased. You will then click on the Auto Install button.
- Manual Install Method
- Click this button to go directly to the Sign In page. Download the state to your hard drive and then double-click in order to install it.
- Manual Install
- Click this button to locate the downloaded state module and install it.