To obtain your Electronic Filing Status:
- Visit the TaxAct Electronic Filing Status page
- Choose the return type which you filed
- Enter your Social Security Number, Zip code, and last name
- Click Check E-File Status
This will display the status of your filed return.
Note. If you cannot find your return status:
- You may be entering the wrong Social Security Number (SSN).
- The SSN entered should be the primary taxpayer SSN for the return (first SSN listed on the 1040). You cannot locate a return by the secondary taxpayer or a dependent.
- There may be a typo in the primary taxpayer's SSN. Please verify the information entered in Basic Information.
- You may not have successfully completed the electronic filing process.
- You may have progressed as far as printing but have not actually submitted electronically.
- You may have unknowingly selected to paper file instead of electronically file. To successfully complete the electronic filing process, you must complete all steps and click the Submit button. If the submission was successful, you will see a screen indicating that your return was submitted.
If your return isn't listed (and you filed more than 24 hours ago and haven't received an e-mail confirmation), your submission may not have gone through. Repeat the electronic filing steps to submit your return. If you continue to have difficulties, we encourage you to contact Electronic Filing Support.