Follow these steps if you forgot your password:
- Click Sign In at the top-right of the TaxAct Webpage or go directly to the Sign In page.
- On the screen titled Sign In, click Forgot username or password?.
- Click the field below Username, Email, or Mobile Number, and type your username, email, or mobile number (if your username is an email address, click the Checkbox next to I use an email address as my username).
- Click Next, and continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Username: if you typed your username, you will be sent a verification code to reset your password.
- Alternative Verification (online only): if you typed your username, on the screen titled Check your phone, you can click Recover your account. You will answer questions about personal information to recover your account.
- Email: if you typed your email, go to your email, and you can choose what account username to reset the password for (if you have more than one account associated with that email).
- Mobile Number: if you typed your mobile number, enter the verification number that we texted you, and after the verification, you can choose what account username to reset the password for (if you have more than one account associated with that mobile number).
Note. If you cannot find your prior year tax return once you are signed in, go to our IRS - Obtain Copy of Tax Return FAQ.