If you need to:
- Reset your password, or
- Retrieve all usernames associated with your email address
Follow these steps:
- Go to the sign in page.
- Click Forgot Username or Password?.
- Enter your username, email address, or mobile phone number in the search box.
- Phone number: include your 3-digit area code. Code will be sent as a text message (Standard rates apply).
- Email or username: Code will be sent as an email:
- It can take a minute or so for the code to arrive
- Check all junk, spam, or other folders
- Click Send Verification Code.
- Enter the verification code you receive.
- A list of all usernames associated with your email address or phone number will display.
- If you searched for your account by username, you’ll be immediately prompted to change your password.
- After you change your password, you’ll receive an email confirming that your account password has successfully been updated.
Note. If your prior-year return is no longer available on TaxAct Online, contact the IRS for a transcript or copy of your return.