Search Help Topics:


If you’re not a licensed tax preparer, you can’t e-file more than five tax returns. That’s the limit set by the IRS.

Tax preparers: To e-file an unlimited number of returns, you need to purchase one of the TaxAct Professional programs. You also need a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) and an Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN) from the IRS.

Related Links

Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the webpage or document at the time it is accessed.

Was this helpful to you?