This amended return cannot be filed electronically. Please repeat the Filing steps to print and file a paper amended return.
This business rule is triggered for any of the following reasons:
- The filing status on the original return differs from the amended return.
- The original return was not e-filed and accepted. The original return must have been e-filed and accepted.
- The primary and/or spouse SSN on the amended return do not match the original return.
- The tax type of the original return is anything other than Form 1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return or Form 1040-SR U.S. Tax Return for Seniors.
To file your amended return by mail using TaxAct®:
- From within your TaxAct return (Online or Desktop), click Filing to expand, then click Amend Federal Return. On smaller devices, click in the upper left-hand corner, then click Filing.
- Continue to the screen titled Amended Return - Mail Form 1040X.
Note that any link in the information above is updated each year automatically and will take you to the most recent version of the document at the time it is accessed.